Cynthia Thomas, MPH, OTR/L
Cynthia Thomas, MPH, OTR/L, was one of the three original founders of AOT, Inc. in 1980. Today, as sole owner, she presides as chief executive officer and president, deciding corporate policy, overseeing operations and managing the financial, human resource, and corporate strategic planning processes.
- Thiel College, Bachelor of Science Degree, Psychology
- The University of Pennsylvania, post-graduate certification in occupational therapy
- University of Pittsburgh, Master of Public Health
Early in her career and prior to the founding of AOT, Inc., Cindy worked at Canonsburg General Hospital. In less than three years, she advanced from administrative resident to vice president. As vice president, she managed and coordinated the replacement facility building project, served as an administrative liaison to the board of directors and managed six departments.
Cindy also created the occupational therapy department at Central Medical Center and Hospital which she then directed for five years. In addition, she served as a consultant to various skilled nursing and developmental disability facilities. Besides being a licensed occupational therapist, she is a licensed nursing home administrator.
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association (POTA)
Professional advisory boards:
- Loving Care Agency
- Care Unlimited, Inc.
- Chatham University Occupational Therapy Program
- Forbes Hospice
- Valley Care Association, Trustee
- Vice President, Board of Trustees
- Chair of the Home Safe Home Committee
- Nominating Committee, Member
- Marketing Committee, Member